Cherokee Public Schools Basketball Season COVID Protocols
The intent of this policy is to ensure that our student athletes have the best chance to compete safely. We must work together as a community to make this happen. Following a few simple requests will help give our students, coaches, officials and communities the best opportunity to have a full and enjoyable basketball season.
- Masks / Face Coverings are strongly recommended for all spectators while in the building.
- Social distancing is required in the stands. Families should sit together where possible.
- Students grades 5th and below must be accompanied by an adult.
- No loitering in the concession stand, stairwells or hallways during games.
- 6th-12th Cherokee students may sit in the designated student section but must wear face coverings if not socially distanced (6ft) and will not be allowed on the front row.
- General seating could be limited to ensure social distancing if larger crowds are expected.
- Restrooms will be cleaned during events on a regular basis.
- Hand rails and other high touch surfaces will be routinely disinfected during games.
- All spectators will be asked to leave the gym within 15 minutes at the end of the last game.
- No one will be allowed on the gym floor after the games.
- Concession stand will be open but gathering will be limited.
- Home / Away spectators will be asked to alternate for concession trips.
- Home fans 1st and 3rd periods.
- Away fans 2nd and 4th periods.
- Please limit trips during halftime and between games.
- Food and drink will be allowed in the gym.
Player and Coach Information:
- Visiting teams are encouraged to come dressed for the game.
- Team benches will be sanitized at halftime and between each game played.
- Basketballs will be routinely sanitized during and between games.
- Locker rooms will be sanitized between tournament games and games with multiple teams. At least 10 minutes will be taken to sanitize locker rooms.
- Boys teams will exit through the outside locker room doors on the east side of the gym after the last game of the night.
Please do not attend if you are feeling ill or have symptoms associated with COVID-19.
*All Cherokee home basketball games will be streamed live on Skordle @ Cherokeechiefs.tv